Training courses on induction heating
eldec has been part of the EMAG Group since February 2013. EMAG produces manufacturing systems for the production of precision metal parts and employs more than 2000 associates worldwide. Turnover exceeds 500 million euro.
eldec technology optimally complements the EMAG Group’s process chain through the manufacture, for example, of automotive, steering and chassis components: EMAG supplies turning, gear hobbing, grinding and laser welding machines while eldec supplies the necessary induction hardening machines.
In the future, eldec training courses will be offered at the EMAG Academy in the field of induction heating technology, independent of machine orders. The training courses will take place at eldec (as usual) and will be instructed by qualified eldec personnel.
1. Basics of induction heating
- Principles of Induction
- Skin effect
- Factors of Influence (temperature, magnetism, etc.)
2. Surface layer case hardening
- Principle of induction heating
- Induction hardening / surface layer hardening
- Best choice of material according to mechanical properties and selection of materials
- Comparison with other heat treating processes
Training course fee per person: EUR 250 (includes training documents and meals)
Hands-on training: induction hardening in Dornstetten: